Sunday, November 27, 2005

Closer!


Experiment #5:
Image: (left) printed on Staples premium double sided matte paper using an HP inkjet printer
Medium: I use Speedball gloss medium, brushed four coats onto printed image, letting it dry in between coats and three coats onto card, letting it dry.
Transfer method: I flipped the image onto painted card, rubbed first with my fingers and then with a bone folder.
Results: I'm very happy with this one. It's just about what I want. You can see on the edges where the image is still sticking to the photo paper, but the most important part of the image has transferred.
Comments: I shouldn't brush the medium all the way to the edges of the image on the photo paper. It tears, and besides, I need to only apply it to what I want to transfer over.

No comments: