Sunday, December 18, 2005

Writer's Block ....


"I think writer's block is simply the dread that you are going to write something horrible. But as a writer, I believe that if you sit down at the keys long enough, sooner or later something will come out."
~ Roy Blount, Jr.

Artists have writer's block too. I guess we should call it artist's block. I tried four times to create cards for an Alice in Wonderland swap. I went down dark alleys and returned to where I started each time. I started to feel stuffed up - nothing was flowing. It helped to share my frustration on the board group. What d'ya know? Others were having problems too. That actually made me feel better. I plodded on, took a couple of more wrong turns. And then I went back to the first set of cards I had started. They looked a bit different to me. I began to think, "what if I added more color? maybe some pen and ink ....". I went back to those cards and the spark returned. I felt the energy and excitement of creating. Such a fresh, green feeling. Like sap running in my veins.

No comments: